Dissent and the law
The aim of the meeting was to understand and learn from the diverse experiences we as active citizens and legal practitioners have had while working in different cities (Bengaluru, Mangaluru, New Delhi, Allahabad) to strengthen legal support for the resisting communities.
Date: February 2nd, Sunday, 2020.
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
Venue: Indian Social Institute, 24, Benson Rd, Byadarahalli, Benson Town, Bengaluru.
Number of attendees: 80-90
- Dr. Colin Gonsalves, Senior Supreme Court Lawyer and Right Livelihood Award laureate (Keynote Speaker).
- Swathi Seshadri, Social Activist, All India People’s Forum.
- Muhammed Afeef, Advocate, Alternative Law Forum.
- Maitreyi Krishnan, Advocate, Manthan Law.
- The discussion will be moderated by Jayna Kothari, Senior Advocate and Founder, Centre for Law and Policy Research.