Julie Kharbhumi Labharthi, Sehkari Sanstha Maryadit v/s The Collector, Thane & Ors.
Key points in the order:
1. State to immediately destroy all existing landing sites, which are used by suction dredging boats that land and unload the illegally excavated sand, and prevent new landing sites from coming up.
2. State to formulate policy on putting the illegally excavated sand back to place from which it has been excavated.
3. State to form Vigilance teams at Village, District and State level to tackle illegal sand mining.
4. State to implement an online grievance redressal mechanism where anonymous complaints can be filed Railways to erect barricades under the railway bridges to prevent the suction dredging boats from using the river channels.
5. Railways to install CCTVs under the bridges and give access to RPF & PoliceJulie order dated 12 April 2018 (1)
Slideshow - Related Post
09/01/2019Read: Critique of Transgender Bill 2018
29/12/2018Recent updates from the Kashmir Unit
13/12/2018Child marriage was stopped in Rajasthan
26/11/2017Anjali Anand vs. State of M.P. and Others
22/10/2017Case of domestic abuse
06/07/2017Minors granted refugee status by UNHCR
16/07/2016Petition filed for compensation for land
16/07/2016Lack of emergency facilities at AIIMS Patna
13/05/2016Case of Domestic Violence in Itanagar
17/07/2015Implementation of the NALSA Judgment
20/04/2013National Consultation on Prison Legal Aid
02/04/2012Forced Sterilization and Family Planning
03/02/2012SEEMA LEPCHA vs STATE OF SIKKIM & ORS
06/04/2011Bhalaswa Lok Shakti Manch Vs GNCT Of Delhi
14/01/2011HIV +ve pregnant woman denied treatment
16/07/2010Hiralal M. Khatik v. Central Railway
16/07/2010HRLN interventions in homeless shelters
16/07/2010Prajwala v. Union of India
16/07/2010State vs. Abdul Majid
16/07/2010AM* vs. Government of Haryana
16/07/2010Mr. Anthony Omondi Osino vs. FRRO
27/01/2010Writ Petition © No. 196 of 2001
14/07/2005Amit Kumar Jain vs. State of Rajasthan
02/02/2005Pratap Singh vs State of Jharkhand and Anr