What HRLN Does
· Unorganised labour (Migrant Labour, Bonded Labour & Child Labour etc.)
· Manual scavenging
· Dalit/ Adivasi women’s rights
· Protecting the rights of couples in inter-caste/ intra-gotra marriages
· Dalit/ Adivasi land rights
· Affirmative actions/ Protective Discrimination
· Special developmental schemes/ policies related to Dalit/Adivasi populations
HRLN ImpactHRLN uses the judicial system to assert the rights of the Dalit community. The creation of pro-Dalit government policies and schemes are a result of increased pressure due to landmark legal decisions.
· HRLN lawyers in Haryana are fighting over 60 cases of caste-based atrocities in the districts of Sonipat, Hissar, Panipat, Jind, Rohtak, Karnal, Ambala and Bhiwani. These cases include cases of sexual violence against dalit women.
· In collaboration with the Maitri Network, HRLN is working on a 4-year project providing legal assistance to Dalit, Adivasi and vulnerable women in need of care and protection in 26 districts in the five states: Maharashta, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu.
· HRLN over the last decade, has taken steps to ensure greater degree of inclusion in its attempt to build a cadre of lawyers from marginalised communities such as Dalit, Adivasi, Muslims, and sexual and ethnic minorities in its workforce, over the last decade particularly through its two programs
1. Student for Human Rights
2. Young Lawyers Programme
For this, a bursary scheme exists which helps defray expenses that a student from marginalised community may incur otherwise incur to gain a similar work experience.
Webinar on District Consultation Meeting on Training, Coaching and Mentoring of Paralegals of Santhal Pargana Development Cluster (SPDC), Pradan
Human Rights Law Network conducted a zoom Webinar on District Consultation Meeting on Training, Coaching and Mentoring ...read more
Webinar on The Provisions of Legal Services Authority Act, Compensation under Prevention of Atrocities Act & Victim Compensation Policy
Our constitution grants us a life which should be protected and dignified but since it is only an ideal thought and numb ...read more
Rights and Challenges faced by Students with Disability, Girl Students and Students from Scheduled Caste Community
"Without inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong opportunities for all, countries will not succeed in bre ...read more
Webinar On Dalit Land Rights: ‘The Punjab Village Common Land (Regulation) Act, 1961’ Provisions, Challenges & Strategy
In Punjab, upper castes, mostly Jat Sikhs, dominate the farming landscape. Only 3.5% of private farm land belongs to Dal ...read more
The state of U.P. has witnessed an increase in number of police encounters recently and has been accused of carrying ...read more
Bhim army founder Chandrashekhar challenges his detention by the UP govt: SC issues notices to state, Saharanpur DM
Chandrashekhar @ Ravan Vs State of Uttar Pradesh Special Leave Petition (Crl) 26284/2018 in the Supreme Court of India ...read more
Letter to the Governor and summary of the Indian people's tribunal on the issues of tribal land and alienation under LTR in Telangana
To His Excellency Governor The State of Telangana Hyderabad Dear Hon’ble Your Excellency, Sub: Report of Indian ...read more